Sunday 20 April 2014

I Wish...



I wish I could have known
the King in robes of white.
I wish I could have sat beside him
beneath the starlight.

I wish I could have been there
to hold his hand
and tell him that my heart
will always be his to command.

I wish I could have seen
the love reflected in his eyes
and heard every word
of one so wise.

I wish I could have been there
to comfort him when he cried
and to help him carry the cross
along that long roadside.

I wish I could have stood at the tomb
to see him arise
and to share with him the joy
of the first Easter sunrise.

I was not there,
but I know him anyway.
He's the love in my heart
and the hope that gets me
through each day.

He's every blessing
that I've ever been given,
and someday we'll meet
in the kingdom of heaven.

This Easter, remember the one
who bore the cross for you and me
so that we could have eternal life.


Wishing you a joyous Easter.


No comments: